Teach your children all about Christ and His work using Sound Words for Kids: Lessons in Theology. Lessons include devotions, memory verses, notebooking pages, activity ideas, and copywork.
(Note: At this time Sound Words for Kids is only available in a digital format and will be delivered to your inbox upon purchase.)
Sound Words for Kids: Lessons in Theology
The Sound Words for Kids curriculum is a theology-based curriculum that teaches the essentials of the Christian faith to children. It can be used for family devotions, homeschool curriculum, or in Sunday schools and co-ops. The curriculum follows a catechism style, meaning it uses a questions and answer format to help kids memorize each lesson’s main point.
Sound Words for Kids Lessons
Each Sound Words for Kids unit includes several lessons. Each lesson corresponds to a question and it’s answer, and includes the following:
- Lesson plan
- Copywork and notebooking pages
- Memory verse poster/coloring sheet
- Bible story and/or additional verses
- Discussion questions
- Craft and activity ideas
Unit 5: Christ and His Work
This unit includes the Works of Christ banner activity the children will do over the course of the 12 main lessons to tie them together. The lessons follow a catechism Q&A format.
- Can you repent and believe in Christ by your own power?
- What is meant by the atonement?
- How were godly persons saved before the coming of Christ?
- How did the people show their faith before the coming of Christ?
- What did the sacrifices God commanded represent?
- How did Christ, being God the Son, become a man?
- Did Jesus ever sin?
- What kind of death did Christ die?
- What does Christ do for His people?
- How is Christ your Prophet?
- How is Christ your Priest?
- How is Christ your King?
(Note that this curriculum has a Reformed Christian worldview. See the unit sample toward the bottom of the linked page. The sample includes the series introduction and an example lesson.)